The group meets Tuesdays from 2:30pm to 4:30pm Eastern time via Zoom with meeting ID 736-885-912. Anyone interested in learning about phenomenological research is welcome to attend.
Current topics include the following:
- Teen pregnancy in rural Appalachia
- Women veterans who experienced military sexual assault and have chosen to reveal it through public online social media
- Families of children with cancer in rural North Carolina
- Emerging adults with anxiety and depression who adopted a plant-based diet
- Lived experience of Navajo nurses on the reservation during the COVID 19 pandemic
- Lived experience of Type 2 diabetics who have a continuous glucose monitor
- Restorative practices in schools
- Teacher burnout
If you are conducting phenomenological research and would like to be involved, please contact Dr. Sandra Thomas in the College of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent studies have included topics such as living with diabetes, transformative learning, rural patient care, the experience of serving patients with endocarditis, and breastfeeding in the workplace.